Tuesday 29 April 2014

Winter Stains


As the months get colder, I find one of my biggest problems is finding a lipstick that doesn't dry out my pout or make me feel like a complete flake. 

I'm a firm believer in the #SayNoToLipgloss brigade - I'm not 10 and I hate looking as if I just got oiled down by a member of the Jersey Shore cast. So, here are my top picks for lippies which keep you moisturised, confident and don't lose their colour after an afternoon cocktail.


Rouge Edition Velvet from Bourjois!

I recently discovered this AMAZING lipstick after a trip trying out all the samples at the makeup counter at Clicks. I'm often scared of trying out a brand that I've never heard off, in fear of my lips suddenly turning grey or drying out - but, this was probably the BEST mistake I've made in a while. 


Think long-lasting, light and with an incredible matte finish! Bourjois have created a soft, sensuous lipstick which stayed on through 3 glasses of Merlot and showed no sign of fading. This one is a winter MUST! 



Colorburst Lacquer Balms from Revlon!

These new triple butter complex balms from Revlon, are an update from their old range of matte crayons, and effectively outstay the latter. Think shinier, smoother and with way more moisture than the matte range - plus, you're bound to find a shade that suits your skin tone. 


Revlon Lacqeur Balm in Whimsical




I love the fact that the lacqeurs are so versatile - they're light enough if you're feeling rather demure, but 2-3 applications can also give you a brighter finish. And, forget dry lips, as these glossy babies keep you hydrated for hours! 

TIP: If you want your lipstick to last a little longer, try applying a concealer on your lips, before putting on lippie. This allows the true shade of the lipstickto shine through, and is great if the summer sunshine darkened out that pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment