Thursday 21 July 2011

Come over to the dark side..we have macaroons!

I have never met a soul who did not fall in love with this French delicacy. Macaroons. Please give me more! Imagine a soft creamy centre surrounded by a crispy almond and sugar covering. Macaroons have gained immense popularity from programmes such as Gossip Girl, who use these little bites of heaven as some sort of prop. I often imagine myself sitting at a lah-dee-dah sidewalk cafe in Paris tucking into a box of macaroons, when in actual fact I'm seated on my bed in the middle of Observatory, ripping the box apart in pure greed.

If you're looking for a non-regrettable sugar rush, try the macaroons at Cassis in Claremont. They're absolutely divine and available in an array of flavours, such as pistachio, chocolate, lemon and vanilla. My personal favourite are the coffee ones! The Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock also has some devilish macaroons, but sadly it's only open on a Saturday. I do prefer the ones from Cassis, as they have a softer texture and are rather pretty to look at. A dainty afternoon sugary treat that I highly reccommend.


1 comment:

  1. 'I have never met a soul who did not fall in love with this French delicacy.' - meet my mom :P

    ReplyDelete