Friday 22 July 2011

Kickstart your body!

I feel as though today's society has been flooded with new techniques and scams on how to "beat that bulge" OR "lose those 5kgs in 3 days". The truth is: that will never happen. Yes. That's the cold harsh truth. if you want to successfully lose weight, and sustain the loss, than you really have to take it a step at a time.
I lost about 20kgs in the last 18 months. How? Sweat. Lower your kilojoules. Take that extra staircase & forgo that pizza. It's really quite amusing to me when people see me after a long time, and stare for a moment or two because they cannot believe that it really is me. I RELISH those moments. It makes that extra gym session all the more worthed!

I have compiled a list of some of my favourite weight loss strategies on how to kickstart your metabolism, and get your body ready for YOU. Trust me, you can lose all the pounds you want, but if you aren't doing it for you, than you will never really be happy. Jeez. I feel like I Dr. Phil right now. Oh, and remember, hips are cool. They add shape, cushion you against all those douche bags out there. Meat on bones - YES PLEASE! So try not to take the dieting game too far, and stop when you are your very own personal perfect! XXX


1) Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with hot water in the morning. This is my absolute favourite, because it's dirt cheap and works wonders. Lowers the GI of almost every food you have after, suppresses the apetite, helps with calcium absorption, detoxifier for the liver..The list goes on! If you can get past the foul smell of it, the try it. I like the P&P one, which costs about R11.


2) Cayenne Pepper! A pinch in hot water in the morning really kickstarts that metabolism.


3) Green tea. I sip it throughout the day, and find that it really makes a difference. Instead of going all toxic with cold drinks or juice, I go green! It apparently speeds up the metabolism by 7%, helps with the breakdown of fats, blah blah..Try the freshpak one, which is about R20 for 80 teabags.

4) Spice it up! Chilli please..I try to have a chilli with my meals, for the love of it AND because it speeds up your metabolism by 30% up to four hours after ingesting them. Love my Indian blood =) Cinnamon is also good, so I try sprinkling it in my cereal in the mornings. It's a good substitute for sugar.

5) I have half a grapefruit every morning, as a kind of wake-me-up routine. It lowers your blood glucose level, thus preventing those sugar spikes & thus preventing fat storage. Easy peasy right? Plus, it's mostly water content so it fills you up really quickly.






No comments:

Post a Comment