Saturday 8 March 2014

20-Something Diaries: TP Pillay

I recently sat down with TP Pillay, the man behind the successful South African street wear label CHASE Apparel. 

At only 25, TP has already carved out quite a name for himself in the local scene, as an aspiring entrepreneur and creative director. Lets get to know a bit more about this man & his take on fashion.

May: Describe yourself in 3 words.
TP: Ambitious, smart & funny.


May: What would you be doing if you weren't in the fashion industry?
TP: I'd probably be in the hospitality industry. 

May: Who is is your biggest inspiration?
TP: Probably my dad, as he was an amazing businessman. His determination and desire to succeed have always influenced me in my own business decisions.


May: Which 4 essential fashion pieces belong in every man's closet?
TP: A clean white shirt, a tailored blazer, well fitted jeans & a watch. A watch is the perfect way to round off a look!


May: Which fashion trend do you absolutely hate?
TP: On guys, definitely baggy pants, as it just looks untidy. And, on girls, probably those Spice Girls shoes that always seem to come back into fashion.

May: If you could take 3 things to a dessert island, what would they be and why?
TP: A lady friend, my cellphone & my dog!

May: If today was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?
TP: I'd hire a private jet, fly to Vegas with my brother, sister & closest friends for a night on the town.

May: What annoys you most about SA youth culture?
TP: They follow trends way too quickly, especially when it comes to shaping their styles around American culture. I rate its time we start creating our own trends.

May: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
TP: Owning an international fashion label and being a renowned business mogul.

May: Which quote do you live by?

No comments:

Post a Comment