Monday 3 June 2013

Sure, you can seduce my muscles.

Everyone loves a little R&R and a spontaneous back massage is exactly what a girl needs after a week of illusions and delusions. The kind people at Cosmopolitan sent me a voucher for Dream Nails at Cavendish Square, so this just gave me an extra reason to have some face down time.

The smell of acetone greeted me on arrival - I really was not familiar with the high strung world of mani's, pedi's and fur coats. I was quite surprised at how busy Dream Nails were - literally every table seemed to be booked! 

This is me before the massage
Possibly, the only thing that I hate about any massage experience is the part where you're told to take your top off. Quite a scary line if I lived down South, or was at a club in lower main road Observatory. The agonizing aspect for me is that I hoard quite a few insecurities about my body, but, who doesn't right?


A massage therapist is kind of like a shrink for your muscles
I always assume that the massage therapist is most likely judging the uneven lines on my shoulders, or the jiggle of my arms. Women being critiqued by other women is such a common practice, and I'm ashamed that it's pushed me to associate the calming aspect of a massage with a hint of anxiety. 

This is why I thought that Sunay from Dream Nails kind of rocked my world in a total 'non-lets-be-honest' way! The lights were dimmed, she asked what my name was and offered me a glass of water - this really could be the most polite date that one could have.  My 30 minute back, neck & shoulder massage was amazeballs - no other unit of language can really describe this feeling. This was honestly the best 28 minutes of my week. I spent the first 2 minutes making polite small talk - this is customary, right?


I also got a much-needed eyebrow wax, after fearing that I was starting to resemble that Mexican artist Frida with the uni-brow. The wax was pretty good too - well, anything is after I decided to go to a Pakistani lady in a back alley that one time. 


I really recommend getting a treatment from Dream Nails at Cavendish Square. The interior is beautiful, the therapists are lovely and the prices aren't too bad.


Dream Nails (Cavendish Square)

021 683 7616 

1 comment:


  1. Stress relief is one of the first benefits that come to mind when thinking of massage therapy. It's also a key component for anyone trying to achieve a healthier lifestyle. but I recommend getting a treatment from Fitzen Massage.

    Regards,
    Massage Kelowna

    ReplyDelete