Monday 13 February 2012

Glamour Daaahlingggg!

Warning: heart palpitations and excessive amounts of anxiety are not good for me. I tend to waffle alot, laugh at my own jokes and begin to use corny terms of endearment. Today was the beginning of my now. I started my internship at Glamour magazine (this is the part where I become a WHOO girl).

Like any normal budding fashionista whom hopes to strike it big in the daring entertainment industry, I woke up at 4am. Yes. 4am. Hence, the somewhat sexy panda eyes and the slight yawn in my walk. BUT, I was eager to please, and needed to figure out what to wear. I decided on a vintage pencil skirt that was the mother's sometime during the pre-war years, and a bright pink blouse.

The biggest misconception about the magazine industry is that every editor is a wannabe Anna Wintour, whom thinks that making eye contact is only for us simple folk. I was in shock the moment Pnina Fenster (Glamour's very trendy editor) looked directly into my panda eyes, and uttered "Hi. I'm Pnina, the editor". Bells were suddenly ringing in my head with a huge DUH about to escape out of my mouth. In other words, I had worshipped her brogue wearing feet as if she were a demi-God, since I became acquainted with the magazine in high school. OFCOURSE I knew who she was. She was lovely.

My first day has been a bit of a blur, filled with lots of skyskraper heels, red lipstick and lots of bonding time with the computer. I am about to pass out from excitement, but I shall update you guys soon.

May
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment