Tuesday 7 February 2012

My Favourite's For Now

FASHION
All we see is blue! The colour of the moment seems to be exploding on the runways, and similarly  taking over the wardrobes of the fashion conscious. Most designers are using this palette staple as an accessory; handbags and shoes are giving this color it's chance to pop, while blue trimmings and straps let it make a subtle statement. 


Last week: I died, went to fashion heaven and was reincarnated into a lovely lass, who is now the owner of 3 "to die for" blue hues. I managed to kidnap a cobalt blue vintage blazer from my aunt's closet, and bully her into giving it to me. Definitely worth the crocodile tears. I also bumped into two trendy pairs of blue at Mr. Price - shoe fetish satisfied. 




DURBAN SPOTS
  • The Czar is Durban's latest "you must be seen here" hotspot for who just want to satisfy their lunch time california roll fix, or a few (or more) cocktails on a Friday night. The interior is pure charm, and reminds me of being in a colonial style setting complete with an awe-inspiring staircase. Go there on a Wednesday for half-price sushi, or a Friday for half-price cocktails until 6pm.

  • Wakaberry! You have probably been hibernating under a rock if you have not heard of this new self-serve frozen yoghurt bar. I have been obsessed with the delish condensed milk fro-yo topped with fudge, from this colourful explosion on Florida Road. The fro-yo is 98% fat free and clocks in at 419kj per100g, which makes it extremely hip-friendly if you're in the mood to indulge.

3 comments:

  1. i absolutely ADORE blue!!! i want everything featured in your post lol!

    Chi-Chi (LDN,UK)

    thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm abosolutely infatuated with the bright colours this season! I hope you're sporting some bright pink, orange & blue - colour blocking yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The said Aunt is now feeling Blue.

    ReplyDelete