Thursday 21 November 2013

M.I.A - where have I been?

I read so many blog posts which start with "I'm so sorry that I've been neglecting you for so long" - and I HATE it. But, I also feel as if I've been rather quiet lately, and I'm sorry, not sorry.

Working the grind. A pretty little PR grind with lots of lovely ladies, gluten-free cupcakes and daily rants about how we lust media & fashion so, so much. I love it. 

#BusyAsABee
My new working gig has me pretty damn busy, but the nice, rewarding, creative kind of busy. I resigned from my previous job, after falling into a deep boredom trap after a few months. My soul was dying and the creative juices had just about dried up.  

Working lunch - BEST.
Change of scenery? Yes please! I firmly believe that if you're not happy where you are, then change it. Move. Quit. Leave. Explore. Eat some sugar. DO whatever you need to do to get you aligned with who you really are. That layer of undefined potential is supposed to peak at some point, but you have to do 80% of the sweaty work, so do it. Trust me, I have the crazy eyes to show for it.

Tuesday nigh drinks at the Bombay Bicycle Club - yummy drinks & yummy barmen!
Oh, and I also went on a cruise this week! JimmiJagga gathered a group of us for a #SunsetSelfie cruise complete with stacks of quench-thirsting JimmiJagga, and copious amounts of sushi. 

JimmiJagga & sushi!
Keen as a bean, I boarded the boat humming the Love Boat theme song - nothing like a few friends, yummy drinks and the beauty of Cape Town on  a week night. 

Sadly, my date Devina and I both got sea sick after only half an hour! Along with Penelope from A Fashion Friend, we pulled out the drama and got off the boat early. Swallow me up world. Beyond cringe-worthy! 

Penelope and I about to jump off the boat
Luckily, I still managed to top up with some delicious JimmiJagga before the nausea pulled up. The plum red flavour was absolutely yummy! 

I love the fact that this is a wine spritzer with a bit more of a kick - light enough to have you in one piece, but still allows you to behave with the anonymity of a kid at the big people's party.  

Summer is almost here, and I plan on sippin' on some JimmiJagga juice - I suggest you do to!

Have a sweet day lovers.
May
XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment