Thursday 26 September 2013

I don't pop Molly, I rock Tom Ford

Fashion, film and beauty. Tom Ford does it all. He's like the Bree van Der Camp of the creative industry - his attention to detail is impeccable! 

He manages to hit all the right spots with a hint of luxury, that's slathered in decadence and swag - yes, this is a very fabulous man who is also downright sexy. 

Style seems to come so naturally to Mr Ford, that I swear he was born in a well-fitted suit.



Mr Ford's top tips for the modern man? (excerpt from Men's Health)
  • Button your suit jacket – it will take 10kg off your silhouette instantly. But never do up more than one button. 
  • A man should never wear shorts in the city. It’s not appropriate. Flip-flops and shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or at the beach.
  •  Figure out what your look is. I don’t wear a black suit-white shirt combination all the time to be ‘iconic’ but because I’m most comfortable in this and I don’t feel the need to experiment. 
  • At home, off-duty, I wear T-shirts that I have tailored. If the sleeves are cut over the tricep, your arms look much better.
  • I don’t believe in playing around with suit cuts. I like a fairly classic shape that gives a man strong shoulders, a fitted waist, and long legs. Simplicity always works.
  • I hate the trend for short suit jackets. When a man’s butt is showing below the bottom of his jacket, it makes him look like a female flight attendant from the back.


  • When it comes to grooming, keep earwax out of your ears and any stray hairs or flakes of skin in check – then you’re good to go. In the morning, I put ice cubes on my eyes and use lots of Visine.
  • You should put on the best version of yourself every time you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment