Wednesday 30 October 2013

Fuck Cancer.

Cancer. Malignancy. Carcinoma. Disease. Sickness. Corruption. UGLY. There are very few terms which can accurately describe the vile nature of cancer, or the invasive way it intrudes on somebody's life. 

It literally eats away at a person's physicality, with little remorse and zero sympathy. Cancer bullshits its way into your life and leaves you questioning every single moment of your existence. 


My mom was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer in December 2009. She passed on in May 2010. They often say that the last minute is usually the most productive - and they're right. I hate the fact that I only actively began to appreciate this big bad world, when I had no choice but to fight for it. 

Cancer's ugly stepsister is named guilt. She doesn't really fit into the high heels of life, usually because we're so obsessed with stepping into something prettier and easier. Guilt crawled into my lap once I realized that time really is a daily struggle. 



Now? I tell people that I like them. If I had a lover to fight with, I probably wouldn't go to bed mad. Oh, and I take risks. 

Cancer's only redeeming quality seems to be that it forces the kids on the playground to go out and play. We gyrate against the waves of struggle and swear that love, lust, life and Miley Cyrus have nothing on us. 


It's almost the end of the year. Some of you will be up at night with persistent mental blocks spurred on by the yucky "what did I achieve this year?" mentality. I say live your life with integrity, fight for those last shots and don't let anyone convince you that it's too late to do something that your future self will thank you for. 

The last minute is the most productive. It's also infested with the most meaningful memories. The last minute is fueled by tenacity and rough edges. Don't let it ruin your fight.









No comments:

Post a Comment