Monday 7 October 2013

Madonna covers Harper's Bazaar

Madonna still has it. At 55, the singer looks as fierce as ever on the cover of Harper's Bazaar's "daring" issue. Shot by Terry Richardson (the man attached to Miley's naked hip), the glossy spread features Madge in a gold bustier, chains, giant cocktail rings and talons that would frighten off anyone from the hood. I really do love the punk-glam styling, even if it does seem to border on bondage. Glittering bondage of course, as this is Madge. 

The story is the real deal. Madonna opens up about her past, in the most honest way that La La Land will let you - a 1st person essay. One can never accuse Madge of not being honest. 

"New York wasn't everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms. The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back, and had my apartment broken into three times. I don't know why; I had nothing of value after they took my radio the first time."





No comments:

Post a Comment